How to play audio CD tracks with LibVLC

This forum is about all development around libVLC.
rz3001
New Cone
New Cone

How to play audio CD tracks with LibVLC

Postby rz3001 » 31 Mar 2014 17:28

Hello there,
I'm trying to integrate libVLC in my app but I'm not being able to play audio CDs. I'm using PassLibVLC as a wrapper.
According to the help with the syntax cdda://[device] the CD can be played in VLC, that is not true at least for Windows, where the proper syntax is cdda:///[device] (example vlc cdda:///d:\ or vlc cdda:///d: is the valid syntax)
When I use the VLC syntax for the url in LibVCL the following events are triggered and nothing is played:
Stopped
MediaChanged
Opening
Buffering
EncounteredError (and nothing is returned by invoking libvlc_errmsg)
Same happens when using a libvlc_media_list_t_ptr.

Trying to play dvds it works great using the syntax dvd:///device.

Can anyone tellme how to use libvlc to play a specific track in an audio cds? and
How can I get the error message generated? I read in another post the the log routines have been disabled, is that true?

Kind regards

sherington
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Re: How to play audio CD tracks with LibVLC

Postby sherington » 31 Mar 2014 23:37

Essentially, you first "play" the device to get a list of tracks created as sub-items (nothing actually gets played here). This creates for you a libvlc_media_t instance for each sub-item, which you can get from the media player instance and play.

Please see https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.ph ... 81#p293563 for some hints, especially the part about Encountered Error.

Return to “Development around libVLC”