Need help --no-video-title-show

This forum is about all development around libVLC.
Ploppyman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Need help --no-video-title-show

Postby Ploppyman » 17 Apr 2013 06:40

Hello all,
Just recently integrated youtube into my project and am quite happy with result, but there is one snag. One it seems I share with a few others. I just can't get rid of the title of the played video (be it youtube or a local file) being shown at the beginning of playback. I would like to hide/deactivate it completely but to no avail. What am I doing wrong? I have already tried adding the option '--no-video-title-show' to the libvlc instance and the the media, but it doesn't change a thing. What am I am missing out on? Please help, as all that text slapped on top of the image is pretty ugly (especialy when showing a youtube vid - big url means lots of text), and i'd rather just hide it completely.

sherington
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Re: Need help --no-video-title-show

Postby sherington » 17 Apr 2013 08:10

I have already tried adding the option '--no-video-title-show' to the libvlc instance and the the media, but it doesn't change a thing. What am I am missing out on?
"--no-video-title-show" definitely works for me. I use it all the time and pass it when I create the libvlc instance.

Ploppyman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Ploppyman » 17 Apr 2013 15:25

Thanks sherington, you're totally right. Just realised my error, left 1st parameter of vlc_ist at 0. Kinda normal it didn't work. You know, I spent a good few hours monday trying to figure out what went wrong - when it was staring me in the face all the time. Serve me right, I guess.

Anyway, sorry for wasting your time, but thanks for your response nonetheless.
All the best...

mfry
New Cone
New Cone

Postby mfry » 18 Apr 2013 18:33

Having the same issue. I'd like to use the marquee for my own uses but it seems like nothing I set for libvlc_video_set_marquee_int is used. I will use the --no-video-title-show as a workaround for now.

Return to “Development around libVLC”