Multiple recordings of the same stream issue

This forum is about all development around libVLC.
yasdnil1
New Cone
New Cone

Multiple recordings of the same stream issue

Postby yasdnil1 » 18 Aug 2011 21:18

I'm testing out recording to collect data on system performance. I only have one cohu camera to test with, so I 'made' 20 cameras with the same ip address. It's streaming in H.264, I'm using the ts mux so I can open the file as it's being written to, and saving the file in mp4 format. Every time I record I get this message when it starts:
MultiFramedRTPSource::doGetNextFrame1(): The total received frame size exceeds the client's buffer size (65536). 993 bytes of trailing data will be dropped!

but it records fine, regardless of that message.

Around the seventh time, I try to record the same stream I get this message:
[05331fac] live555 demux error: Failed to connect with rtsp://172.30.1.20
[05085f84] main input error: open of `rtsp://172.30.1.20' failed: (null)
[05085f84] main input error: Your input can't be opened
[05085f84] main input error: VLC is unable to open the MRL 'rtsp://172.30.1.20'. Check the log for details.

This is the same ip as before, nothing different, yet I get this message. Know why? Know how to solve it?
The other recordings have no problems, it's just when I attempt to record the same ip the seventh time and beyond, it gives me that demux error. I've been experimenting with different vlcArgs passed into the factory, other than that I'm at a loss.

Here's what's in the record method:
String mediaUrl = streamToRecord;
String[] mediaOptions = {":sout=#standard{mux=ts,access=file,dst="+recordingFileName};
mediaPlayer.playMedia(mediaUrl, mediaOptions);

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

marranxo
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Multiple recordings of the same stream issue

Postby marranxo » 19 Aug 2011 09:25

Maybe rtsp stack of your camera is not concurrent. That means it may only support one client at time. If it's concurrent it may have a predefined limit on number of sessions. The error message you see is that camera's rtp muxer doesn't respect h264@rtp standard (http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3984.txt) where frames greater than maximun dgram paylaod size must be split in several datagrams with their respective NALU. In deed MTU (~= 1500) is recomended instead of UDP (~= 65536) payload as size to split.

Return to “Development around libVLC”