VLC/WPF : Panel is on top all the time ?

This forum is about all development around libVLC.
hussam_2000
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VLC/WPF : Panel is on top all the time ?

Postby hussam_2000 » 14 Mar 2011 16:00

good morning everyone ,

i can play video on vlc in my wpf just fine but the panel eats up all the controls that is on top , like play button , menu,... etc. is this a setting in vlc or in wpf. I strated changng the settings in wpf by setting the panel as child and that did not work, the panel seems to overrule everything on the main window. any ideas ?

p.s: forgot to mention that i added the panel using widnowsFormHost. I'm not using vlc.net component.

Thank you , Sam E

hussam_2000
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: VLC/WPF : Panel is on top all the time ?

Postby hussam_2000 » 19 Mar 2011 08:48

I think I got my answer.... wpf contorls don't have a handle except the main window . So I got the handle for thay and gave it to vlc but it did not like it. If I'm wrong please let me know . I. Guess I have to host a winform panel in wpf or just stick with winform. The problem is the z order of contols in hybrid apps which happens when u mix wpf and winform controls , winform controls are always on top of any wpf controls .

XilasZ
Developer
Developer

Re: VLC/WPF : Panel is on top all the time ?

Postby XilasZ » 20 Mar 2011 22:54

it's a limitation of WPF and windowsFormHost : "In a WPF user interface, you can change the z-order of elements to control overlapping behavior. A hosted Windows Forms control is drawn in a separate HWND, so it is always drawn on top of WPF elements."
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 00%29.aspx

So you can't overlay wpf controls over a windowsFormHost ... in the same window.
But it's possible to "fake" it, by using 2 windows, one with wpf controls and a transparent background, on top of another one with the windowsFormHost (and vlc panel inside).

Return to “Development around libVLC”