What compile options/script are used for the release build i

This forum is about all development around libVLC.
JoeBlah
New Cone
New Cone

What compile options/script are used for the release build i

Postby JoeBlah » 10 Nov 2010 23:09

Hi,

I am trying to build the non-debug build with the same (or as close as possible) output as the fully compiled win32 builds that are downloadable from videolan.

I am using the Win32CompileMSYSNew build path in versions 1.1.0 or 1.1.3.

I get a build which works on one machine but not another.

On the second machine two things happen:
1) The activex control wont register. It gives the generic 'LoadLibrary("axvlc.dll") fail. - The specific module could not be found'
2) vlc.exe doesnt really run on the second machine. What I mean is that it "runs" but the UI never appears, it jumps to using 50 of the processor and nothing else.

I try the exact same thing on the FIRST machine (which incidently is the one I compile on) and it works fine. Also, if I install any version of vlc straight from the videolan website onto the SECOND machine it runs fine. So I know vlc will run. its just that I have trouble with the compile .... maybe.

I don't know if its compile or what. I've done everything from copy straight over to using NSIS to build an installer. Still I get the same problems on the second machine. This is all on Windows XP 32 bit.

Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks

rogerdpack
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
Operating System: windows

Re: What compile options/script are used for the release bui

Postby rogerdpack » 17 Nov 2010 22:06

maybe you're not copying over enough files?

JoeBlah
New Cone
New Cone

Re: What compile options/script are used for the release bui

Postby JoeBlah » 22 Nov 2010 19:08

It turns out that was the case. The compiler has some runtime files that are used. I didnt know about that.

Return to “Development around libVLC”