VLC De-interlacing mode

This forum is about all development around libVLC.
ElieAlAlam
New Cone
New Cone

VLC De-interlacing mode

Postby ElieAlAlam » 21 Sep 2010 14:31

Hi,

I am developing a Window application in C# to play an IPTV stream using VLC player.
to do this I have added the AxVlcPlugin2Control to the main form.
Now I want to change the Deinterlace mode to Yadif (2x) from the code but it's not working (The Quality of the picture still the same). Folowing is the code that I am using:

Code: Select all

string[] VlcOption = { ":vout-filter=deinterlace", ":deinterlace-mode=Yadif2x" }; int i = axVLCPlugin21.playlist.add(txt_url.Text, "asdasdasd", VlcOption); axVLCPlugin21.playlist.playItem(i);
Note: If I play the same IPTV stream from the VLC media player and i change the deinterlace filter to Yadif (2x) (right click->video->deinterlace->Yadif (2x)), the picture quality improves
Thanks for your helps.

gnosygnu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: VLC De-interlacing mode

Postby gnosygnu » 22 Sep 2010 02:42

Last time, I looked at this (3 or 4 months ago), I couldn't get the command-line args working. I assume the same affects your playlist.add call.

I described a bit more here: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=79279&p=261992&hil ... ce#p261992

I never dug into the code and confirmed this behavior. However, I am using vlcj (java wrapper), and I was able to use libvlc_video_set_deinterlace. If the activex plugin control exposes the same method, I would recommend using it.

Hope this helps

DsChAeK
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: newest
Operating System: windows

Re: VLC De-interlacing mode

Postby DsChAeK » 08 Apr 2012 23:52

The libvlc_video_set_deinterlace() is working most of the time, but sometimes it's not and parameters have still no effect.
It is really a problem for me because I want to control this option with my application.

Return to “Development around libVLC”