VLC as a(n) vAudioDevice(-Driver) in Win for "Adjustments and Effects"-audio correction

This forum is about all development around libVLC.
U.S. Army-Berlin
New Cone
New Cone

VLC as a(n) vAudioDevice(-Driver) in Win for "Adjustments and Effects"-audio correction

Postby U.S. Army-Berlin » 07 Apr 2020 20:24

Friendly hello to the developers!

The audio options in the "Adjustments and Effects"-tool are very useful but sources with DRM - opened in Web browser or App - or Youtube sources cannot be accessed via the VLC media player. And most audio driver software does not offer as fine audio corrections as VLC. I self not happy with Realtek audio console. With VLC despite my hearing damage, correctly configured, I can recognize all words correctly.

My idea is, could you develop an extending VLC module that installs itself in Win as a virtual audio device, so that one can select VLC as audio output device in Win? And that one then have a VLC window - like an audio device driver software - in where one select the real audio output device* - like in the normal VLC media player - and of course all "Audio Effects" options of "Adjustments and Effects" has. An additionally possibility for S/PDIF TOSLINK to regulated the bass would be very nice!

I hope since one can watch the video to the audio nevertheless in the intended player - web browser or app - with copyright and not in the VLC itself, that this would be legally unproblematic.

*real audio output device: In Win installed audio output device with factory driver.

Thanks!

Return to “Development around libVLC”