cannot get CVS version; any alternatives?

Discussion on the (deprecated) VideoLAN Server application as well as the miniSAPserver stream announcer. This is not about VLC!
Forum rules
Please do not post VLC related questions in this forum category. See the Forum Rules for more information.
lelkens

cannot get CVS version; any alternatives?

Postby lelkens » 06 Apr 2004 11:57

I have tried several times to get the CVS of VLS (in order to do streaming from a WEBCAM using v4l ) but the connection always fails:

# cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.videolan.org:/var/cvs/videolan login
(Logging in to anonymous@anoncvs.videolan.org)
CVS password:

After several minutes I get the reply:

cvs [login aborted]: connect to anoncvs.videolan.org:2401 failed: Connection timed out

However, the host can be reached:

# ping anoncvs.videolan.org
anoncvs.videolan.org is alive

What am I doing wrong? Is there another way?

markfm
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby markfm » 06 Apr 2004 13:25

You might want to try Subversion -- the developers are switching their code management to this.

http://subversion.tigris.org/ is the link to the subversion site, where you can download the package. On Windows, I downloaded the latest Windows binaries, let it install using its defaults.

Then see the videolan page at:
http://developers.videolan.org/svn.html

I'm on a Windows PC. For me to download a current, complete, VLS, code set, the command is:
"c:\program files\subversion\bin\svn" co svn://svn.videolan.org/vls/trunk vls-trunk

On Windows this is run from a DOS shell, rather than a bash shell, so that it finds the svn path properly. (Make a little batch file, one line, shovel the above into it.)

That does an anonymous link to svn, downloads the vls main code trunk, into a directory on my PC called vls-trunk (if the directory already exists, it overwrites the contents of it, otherwise it will create the directory).

Postby Guest » 06 Apr 2004 15:41

I appreciate your comprehensive answer. :D
Downloaded Subversion, installed and tried:

P:\>svn co svn://svn.videolan.org/vls/trunk vls-trunk
svn: Can't connect to host 'svn.videolan.org': A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
:cry:
I don't think this is getting me somewhere......
Maybe someone is willing to email the CVS version of VLS (in tar or zip format) to me at tem_porary@hotmail.com?

markfm
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby markfm » 06 Apr 2004 16:56

The SVN server (80.65.228.129) is down right now -- it was online at 7:30 EST this morning (I had downloaded VLS at home, before posting the info on how to download)

Suggest just trying later.

markfm
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

SVN server is back up

Postby markfm » 07 Apr 2004 02:37

The server is working again. You'll need to download it yourself -- the zipped file is larger than hotmail will accept.

gisa
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

configuration vls for v4l

Postby gisa » 30 Apr 2004 14:39

You are configuring or configured vls for v4l. Then, if you could send me its, therefore I am with problemas(seguinte error: "Input Type v4l invalid") perhaps e this helps me to solve.Thank you!

Return to “VideoLAN Server and miniSAPserver”