Unable to use image I have stored in Lua

Discuss your Lua playlist, album art and interface scripts.
78rpmuser
New Cone
New Cone

Unable to use image I have stored in Lua

Postby 78rpmuser » 04 Jun 2021 22:39

I download 78rpm songs from YouTube using MediaHuman's YouTube To MP3. However rather than keeping the image from the YouTube video, I have found on the internet an image of the actual 78rpm label and prefer to use it. I learned how to do this from a prior forum request and for 99% of my songs it works fine. However there are a few that initially seem to have stored my image in the Codex, but haven't really.
The image I want is stored in: C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\art along with about 3700 other record label images.

Using VLC, I select and play the song. The song starts to play and the image on the screen is the image from the YouTube video. So I click on TOOLS, MEDIA INFORMATION. I then left click the image box and select ADD COVER ART FROM FILE. I point the Choose Cover Art to the lua/art file and select the respective record label I wish to use. My image now appears on the VLC MEDIA SCREEN and in the image box. To save it as part of the Codec I place a period on the end of the title and then erase the period. This causes SAVE METADATA button to appear and I click it. Normally I hear a hiccup in the playback that seem to confirm my new image is now part of the meta data. For a huge majority of my songs that has proved true as indicated by subsequent playing of the songs. But for a few, even though my image was there on the screen and in the box when the metadata was saved, the original YouTube image continues to appear. I have even gone back to YouTube once again and downloaded the same song again to replace the prior download, then repeated the process with the same outcome.

Can anyone offer a solution?

mederi
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 2.0.8
Operating System: Windows Vista/XP

Re: Unable to use image I have stored in Lua

Postby mederi » 06 Jun 2021 21:04

As far as I know the decoded/downloaded arts are stored in "%appdata%\vlc\art\". What do you expect from scripting VLC in Lua?

78rpmuser
New Cone
New Cone

Postby 78rpmuser » 09 Aug 2021 16:08

To answer your post, my intent is to override whatever image came with the audio file I downloaded from YouTube with my own image of the 78rpm record label. I'm not much of a computer geek so I initially requested help and was told to remove all content from the LUA file and replace it with my record label images. That seemed to work excepting for a few instances. It's because of those few instances where the original YouTube image continues to appear that I again asked for help.. Where do I find the folder you have indicated as "%appdata%\vlc\art\" and what should I do with it to solve my problem?

mederi
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 2.0.8
Operating System: Windows Vista/XP

Postby mederi » 14 Aug 2021 19:54

%appdata%\vlc\art\ path in address bar in Windows/File Explorer (=> c:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\vlc\art\)

Return to “Scripting VLC in lua”