Dropdown values are reset when other widgets are modified

Discuss your Lua playlist, album art and interface scripts.
Xavion
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Dropdown values are reset when other widgets are modified

Postby Xavion » 27 Jun 2011 03:59

I've encountered an annoying bug that I can't seem to work-around. When I programmatically add or modify widgets on the dialog box of my extension (e.g. add HTML, add an image, modify a label), the selected values in my dropdowns are reset to their defaults. I'm inclined to think that this is a VLC v1.1.10 bug, because it only happens once per session in both Windows and Linux.

For example, I start by clicking the menu item of my extension to open its dialog box. I then manually choose "Option 3" in a dropdown and click a button, which retrieves some information from the web. It then uses this data to modify a label and add HTML/image widgets. Immediately after these modifications are displayed, VLC unexpectedly resets the value of the dropdown to "Option 1".

To prove that the widget modifications were the cause, I disabled them in the code and reloaded the extension. After performing the same steps as before, the value of my dropdown was kept at "Option 3" after the web information was retrieved. I'm hoping someone can confirm that this is a VLC bug and tell me how soon it will be fixed. Let me know if you'd like me to provide any further details.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: Dropdown values are reset when other widgets are modifie

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 27 Jun 2011 15:41

You probably need to file a bug report with a sample of the extension.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Xavion
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Dropdown values are reset when other widgets are modifie

Postby Xavion » 28 Jun 2011 08:49

I can't login properly to the VLC bug tracker using my Google OpenID. When I try to submit a new ticket, it says "Your permissions have been limited until you verify your email address". I don't know why it's asking me to verify my email address at all, given that I just logged into it via my Google OpenID.

When I then click the 'verify' link, I get the "Your email is already verified" message. When I go ahead and verify again anyway, it has no effect and I get the "Your email is already verified" message again. How do I file a bug report about the bug tracker itself, given that it won't let me submit any tickets?

Return to “Scripting VLC in lua”