Problem using lua under windows

Discuss your Lua playlist, album art and interface scripts.
freeebit
New Cone
New Cone

Problem using lua under windows

Postby freeebit » 13 Nov 2008 18:17

I try to use lua interfaces under windows but seems it don't work at all.
I try the example command line

Code: Select all

vlc -I lua --lua-intf telnet --lua-config "telnet={host='*console'}"
and

vlc -I lua --lua-intf telnet --lua-config "telnet={hosts={'localhost:4212','localhost:5678','*console'}}"
In the first case the process started ma nothing else happen (no console), in the second the proces start but the listen port was not created (and no console).

I try also

vlc -vvv -I rc -extraintf lua --lua-intf telnet --lua-config "telnet={hosts={'localhost:4212','localhost:5678'}}"
no listen port was created and no message in console about lua

I try with vlc version 0.9.4 under Windows Vista and with vlc 0.9.6 under XP
Under gentoo linux all these 3 examples work without anay problem

Thanks in advance.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: Problem using lua under windows

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 14 Nov 2008 08:11

Those haven't been debugged yet under windows... Please give messages and help us finish those developments.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

freeebit
New Cone
New Cone

Postby freeebit » 14 Nov 2008 11:31

Ok i found the problem

When i started the command

vlc -I lua --lua-intf telnet --lua-config "telnet={host='*console'}" --extraintf=logger -vvv
i obtained the folowing log (just the usefull part)

main debug: looking for interface module: 15 candidates lua debug: Found lua interface script: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\intf\telnet.lua main debug: using interface module "lua" main debug: TIMER module_Need() : 62.679 ms - Total 62.679 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 62.679 ms) main debug: thread 4780 (interface) created at priority 0 (interface/interface.c:168) main debug: thread started lua error: Error loading script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\intf\telnet.lua: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\intf\telnet.lua:45: module 'host' not found: no field package.preload['host'] no file 'C:Program FilesVideoLANVLC\luaintfmoduleshost.lua' no file '.\host.lua' no file 'C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\host.lua' no file 'C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\host\init.lua' no file 'C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\host.lua' no file 'C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\host\init.lua' no file '.\host.dll' no file 'C:\Program Files\V main debug: thread ended
when i copied the files host.lua, common.lua and sandbox.lua fom "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\intf\modules" to "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua" telnet and http lua intefaces start working correctly

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 14 Nov 2008 11:35

Thx man, can you please please fill a bug ?
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

dhirwinjr
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
Operating System: Windows / Linux

Postby dhirwinjr » 16 Dec 2008 18:55

Using freebits suggestion (copied the three *.lua files) I was able to start VLC and get a login prompt when I try to telnet but it won't take a password; it just sits at the password prompt. I've tried both of these command lines:

vlc -I lua --lua-intf telnet --lua-config "telnet={hosts={'localhost:4212','localhost:5678','*console'}}" vlc -I lua --lua-intf telnet --lua-config "telnet={hosts={'localhost:4212','*console'}}"
At least it doesn't close the telnet connection right away but it still doesn't work. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

Using VLC 0.9.8a on Windows XP

dionoea
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby dionoea » 23 Dec 2008 18:14

I'll try to debug that on windows during the Xmas holidays. What login and password were you trying? Did you try setting a new login/password in the --lua-config parameter?
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea
(Please do not use private messages for support questions)

dhirwinjr
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
Operating System: Windows / Linux

Postby dhirwinjr » 28 Dec 2008 04:53

I'll try to debug that on windows during the Xmas holidays. What login and password were you trying? Did you try setting a new login/password in the --lua-config parameter?
Thanks, and no I hadn't tried setting the login/password in the --lua-config parameter. How does one do that and where can I find information on all available lua parameters?

Thanks,
Dave

Return to “Scripting VLC in lua”