delay / prelay video on purpose

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
crackstone
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 2.1.0-git
Operating System: Mac OS X

delay / prelay video on purpose

Postby crackstone » 10 Aug 2011 19:15

Hi,

before asking straight ahead here's some short info on my scenario: I have two video sources and one audio source. I stream them from one room into several other rooms. When receiving the videos and the audio streams they are out of sync. I will be having operators sitting in the receiving rooms and the streaming rooms. My idea would be to let the receiving operators adjust the sync manually. Therefore I need a way to adjust the sync. I can do that with audio but not with video.

So now my question:
Is there a way to pre and delay video just like it is possible with audio by using the headphone effect with a dimension and a compensation for delay (eg.: --headphone-dim=500 --headphone-compensate)
Right now I am using a workaround and utilize dts-delay=1000 when streaming my video sources, however this happens on the streaming machine.

In my scenario I'd need the operator to manually adjust the delay for audio and video on the receiving machine. With audio I can cope - with video I haven't found the option yet.

Is there one? Any input on my scenario and idea on solving it is very welcome!

Thanks
//crackstone

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”