Deinterlace by commandline switch

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
MaeSiuS
New Cone
New Cone

Deinterlace by commandline switch

Postby MaeSiuS » 11 Apr 2010 19:28

Hello,
I need to start VLC player with different deinterlacing modes for different movies.
Setting deinterlacing mode permanently via preferences http://wiki.videolan.org/WindowsFAQ-1.0 ... _method.3F does not help, because I need to change deinterlacing according to currently played movie. I think the best way to do this is by commandline, as the VLC playlist does not seem to support different playing modes for each title.
Setting the deinterlacing mode to "yadif2x" with the following cmdline does not work:

Code: Select all

C:\Programme\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe -vvv D:\Lebenswelten\StillLife.vob --deinterlace-mode=yadif2x --fullscreen --no-video-title-show
Deinterlacing under ContextMenu==>Video==>Deinterlace is set to Disabled. According to global preferences this behaviour is right.
But the above commandline switch should overlock global preferences. At least it is useless, if it does not.
Is this a bug, or is there another way to achieve a Deinterlace on demand function?

Regards MaeSiuS

P.S. As you see in the cmdline switch I'm a Windows user, but i think this is not a Windows specific problem.

whome
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Deinterlace by commandline switch

Postby whome » 11 Apr 2010 21:19

See this topic. I can use some of the deinterlace modes but most don't work(?) though a command line. Its weird why should VLC drop some options, makes no sense. Sure we are missing something.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62107&p=237035#p237035

Code: Select all

set file=file:///C:/test/video1.ts @REM blend, linear, yadif, x set opts=--vout-filter=deinterlace --deinterlace-mode=yadif "c:\program files\Videolan\vlc\vlc.exe" %opts% %file%

MaeSiuS
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Deinterlace by commandline switch

Postby MaeSiuS » 11 Apr 2010 22:57

Hi whome, thanks for your answer.
With your cmdline switch I am able to use every available deinterlace mode in VLC Player 1.0.5 Goldeneye.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”