vlc 0.82--what happened with Playlist~?

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
chinapoppi
New Cone
New Cone

vlc 0.82--what happened with Playlist~?

Postby chinapoppi » 01 Feb 2005 22:31

Hi Hi~

I saw a reply made by markfm on making screenshots, and followed the instructions to download the VLCbeta of 0.82 (screenshots made easy!) :)

Right away, a big downfall with vlc0.82, is the inability to offer an installer for the program---so what I did was "replace" all the files, with the ones for 0.82 (not very tidy, but it worked!) :cry:

Now, screenshot making is much easier (ctrl + s)--- but there seems to be a problem with the program making playlists with 0.82--compared to the ease of making them in 0.81~! (I wonder why?)

Here are the steps that worked in 0.81--but fail in 0.82~

First, I would access the maker:

I immediately noticed this "new" feature called general--but chose the videofiles anyway, and set them in playback order:

..and saved the list:

I then right-clicked to open the created m3u list in WordPad--just to check out if anything was wrong (I.E; out of order listing, path problems; etc)---and I only get a blank page~! :cry:

Why was this playlist maker messed with--from version 0.81~?
It worked so well, with downloaded video files that I did not want to take the time to "join" together (or pay for a joiner proggy)

:shock:
<<Click on Picture--to play theme song~>>:-)

markfm
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby markfm » 01 Feb 2005 22:41

I cannot speak about the playlist, but the installer will be available in a release -- the nightly builds are "convenience" items to let people see how the development is progressing, check it out. Unzipping the nightly build, dropping it in over the existing videolan/vlc directory, is the right thing to do.

chinapoppi
New Cone
New Cone

Postby chinapoppi » 02 Feb 2005 05:18

xie xie markfm~! :D

...for clearing up the "installer" issue ~

Can anyone help me with the playlist problem~? :cry:

Sigmund
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Sigmund » 02 Feb 2005 08:37

it's a known problem, and will be fixed before the release. (Or rather the release will be delayed till it is fixed)

chinapoppi
New Cone
New Cone

Postby chinapoppi » 02 Feb 2005 18:58

sigmund dou xie~! :D

..for the reply~

I am so glad to hear that it is a problem, and will soon be fixed~!

zaijian~~ :mrgreen:

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”