No Videowindow in Skinmode (minimalistic)

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
apsis
New Cone
New Cone

No Videowindow in Skinmode (minimalistic)

Postby apsis » 23 Oct 2009 00:40

Hey Guys,

i was trying around a lot of things, but can't get rid myself with these problems. i hope you may can help me.
first of all my computer runs on windows vista 64bit home premium, vlc player version was 1.01 (i made an update, but thats how it started).i installed several skins myself, and selected one for the minimal-mode, so i have one video-window and a seperate controllelement-box. i was trying to remove the borders and windows-window style around the video-window and found the needed information on the internet (no-embedded video / no window-deco). it was pretty much what i was looking for, but i could resize and move around the videowindow anymore, i thought it may be a bug so i updated to the latest official version of vlc (1.0.2).
in classic mode, there's everything (controllbox/videowindow) when i use my skin and vlc turns into minimalistic-mode, there's no videowindow anymore. i tried different settings in the properties menue, but i cant get it back to work as long as i use that skin or as long as it is in minimalistic mode, anyone has a solution?
second question is, as if the videowindow is back there again and i again would remove the borders (no embedded video/no window deco) will it be possible to move around the window?

i think this problem doesnt belong to windows, so i posted it in general. i hope that's ok so far.

help would be really appreciate, i pretty much love vlc and i dont want to uninstall and choose another.
best regards, apsis

edit. //
found the reason for that problem on this forum from the user arite:
There were a lot of changes to the Skins2 interface for the 0.9.x releases, so persumably the way it currently works is not compatible with 0.9.x/1.0.x and up.

What did you use to make the skin? If you use the VLC Skin Editor (here) you can add a video object. Given a visibilty of "vlc.hasVout" it will only be displayed when there is a video playing, so when playing audio is playing will be as normal. Just an idea (would make the skin more-feature full). For example, a resizable video window could be added which appear below the main window when a video is being played.

Alternatively there may be a way to get it working as is with VLC 1.0.0, but I don't know how to do that.
Link to the Thread

I think this post can be deleted or closed, i will continue in the other thread.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”