sub font type and size

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.

sub font type and size

Postby Guest » 09 Dec 2004 06:49

let me just say this program kicks butt, no more d/l 230947098 different codecs and pray MS media player will play it.

anyways i never had trouble with it till today, i have a movie with subs
the files are avi, idx, and sub. the subs plays fine and timing is right, however the font is hard to read, it's like the font is compressed vertically, so i'm wondering if u can change the font type or size for better reading

i have the same movie (released by another group), but it's avi and srt, that sub font and size is perfect.

i went here, viewtopic.php?t=3936&highlight=sub+font , but i'm unable to change the sub font and size. i dunno much about subs, is it because the sub were set that way and it can't be changed?

anyways, any help will be great. THX

p.s. i have the newest version 0.8.1 for win xp

Sigmund
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Sigmund » 09 Dec 2004 08:11

sub+idx type subtitles are stored as pictuers, so you can't change their font. they probably look squeezed because of a scaling bug we had that I think is fixed now, and will be corrected in the next release

Postby Guest » 09 Dec 2004 15:27

thx 4 the answer, looking forward to ur next rel!

markfm
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby markfm » 09 Dec 2004 15:47

For Windows and Mac, you can try a nightly build, which has any patches applied.

Do a search for "nightly build" in the forum, to get the link to them.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”