video on demand - working for anyone?

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
cdebuhr
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

video on demand - working for anyone?

Postby cdebuhr » 02 Dec 2004 01:56

hi,

i read throu the forum for a while to find a solution for vod with vlc... but noone seems to get it working.

i have all my video files on pc1 (win xp; avi, mpg, mp4) and i´d like to be able to choose one via pc2 (win xp) and then have it shown on pc2.

how do i archive that?

it works alright with my dbox2/movieplayer, but i can´t get it to work with the 2 pcs.

plz help.

thanks
chris

ForceFollower5
New Cone
New Cone

Re: video on demand - working for anyone?

Postby ForceFollower5 » 15 May 2008 03:31

There are 5 different posts like this on the forums with people requesting help. This one has been up for 4 years! Why is there no response here? Why are none of them answered? Why will no one just sit down and explain in plain terms the VoD system and how to use it? Many of us would love to explore this and do not even know where to start. It's not explained in the docs, the wiki, or even layed out on the forum. Please someone help us new cones with the questions we have about VoD and how to set it up and operate it. Thank you.

ph0t0n
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 0.8.6f
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4.11

Re: video on demand - working for anyone?

Postby ph0t0n » 20 May 2008 02:21

You could even be that person yourself, if you have an interest in the subject and need to get something done using VLC for VoD. I have my own projects to deal with, so I'm not volunteering for that. However, for VoD purposes, have you looked at the VLM module? You want to talk a look in that direction...

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”