Logitech itouch utility for latest VLC

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
Geoffrey
New Cone
New Cone

Logitech itouch utility for latest VLC

Postby Geoffrey » 07 Jan 2009 00:01

Hi,

I know there have been a few threads on this in the past, but they were such a long time ago that I thought it best not to resurrect those. Besides, those were old versions and VLC is constantly becoming more compatible with alternate hotkeys, etc. Well with the exception of this case I guess...I configured my players.ini file with the following code that I found on one of the previous threads on this topic...

VLC=cmd,vlc.exe,wxWindowClassNR,VLC media player,xxx,0x132C8,0x132C8,0x132CB,0x132D5,0x132D6,0,1,VLC media player

It worked great until I upgraded from versions "0.8.6e" to "0.9.8a". Previous upgrades worked fine, but I'm guessing the changed look of the new version means that some major changes have been made that make these configurations redundant. Besides this issue, the new version is great and much more stable with MKV files -so I'm reluctant to rollback. I thought the problem in the 'equation' might be a change in the windows class, since I read that there has been a switch to a qt4 interface...so I replaced the "wxWindowClassNR" with "QWidget" (the new windows class name) -but still no luck.

If anyone has got around this issue, please post your solution.

Thanks,

Geoff.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”