On 0.8.0 ,subtitles problems still remain

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
krave
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

On 0.8.0 ,subtitles problems still remain

Postby krave » 06 Nov 2004 12:29

hello,thx the 0.8.0 first.
the wmv files display very well.what great pictures!

But, if i pause the video,the sub will disappear very soon.I haven't enough time to read them all.

And when I select an ssa, it should displayed two lines, one at the top,one at the buttom. They are fixed in one line at the buttom.

At last, ass file cannot be supported yet.

Just these problems, I am looking forward to 0.9.0

krave
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby krave » 09 Nov 2004 12:36

no reply?

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 09 Nov 2004 14:35

There is currently no way to solve this. Personally i don't think it's a bug either.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

Postby Guest » 15 Feb 2005 19:43

There is currently no way to solve this. Personally i don't think it's a bug either.
You mean that you don't think it's a bug that the subtitles disappear when you pause? I can understand that it might be a difficult area to deal with, but surely you can see why people would want to pause to read the subtitles. It would be great if it were at least an option.

If it's too difficult to change the way the rendering engine works, maybe it would be easier to provide an option such that hitting pause grabs and holds a single frame, rather than going through the normal pipeline.

Just a thought. I'll try to look at the code when I have time, but I am a Java person these days.... been a while since I've done any C coding.

Pat Niemeyer

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”