DVB-T

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
starbright
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

DVB-T

Postby starbright » 15 Nov 2008 23:06

I was quit happy as I heared about VLC as a DVB-T receiver. It takes some time until I get it work a bit.
As far as I know you have to type in the frequency. Is there a frontend available? If I am abroad I don't know the frequencies ... so I need a channel search.

The second is - how to come to the different programms in a single channel. After try and error I found that a ch+/ch- shifts.
Good so far.

But I also wants to save the found channel. Mhh. For me as a beginner the playlist is quite difficult to handle. After a while I could safe the 3 frequencies I can receive here.
But how do address now the 3..4 channels transmitted at a single frequency? If I do now a ch+/ch- shift, I just change the frequencies, that I have saved.

Could someone give me help?

starbright
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: DVB-T

Postby starbright » 16 Nov 2008 10:46

I found that there is a tool dvb-utils doing some kind of scan. But this is linux. I am on Windows.

BexX
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby BexX » 22 Nov 2008 13:37

It would be great if VLC was a usable DVB App, but current version is not. (as far as i figured out.) It should be possible to create an .m3u Playlist and add the option ":program=[SID]" to specify the channel you want to watch. But for me on linux this did not work for some reason.

fenrir
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby fenrir » 23 Nov 2008 23:35

Here is an extract of the .m3u playlist I use:

#EXTM3U

#EXTINF:,,TF1
#EXTVLCOPT:program=1537
dvb://frequency=562332000:bandwidth=8

The vlc 1.0 (master, unstable) has been updated to provide an auto-scanning feature.

starbright
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby starbright » 03 Dec 2008 09:34

So where did you get it from (V 1.0 beta)? Is it compiled for windows?
Seems that I have to wait for this release - would be great to have a scanner!

With your playlist you would get only one station per channel(freq).
Adding SID is possible, but I couldn't handle that with the playlist. Either I am to stupid or there is some rework to do ;)

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”