Loop+fullscreen+aspect diff between 0.8.6i and 0.9.4

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
dolsen
New Cone
New Cone

Loop+fullscreen+aspect diff between 0.8.6i and 0.9.4

Postby dolsen » 28 Oct 2008 20:49

Hi,

I have noticed there are some playback differents between new VLC 0.9.4 and the old generation 0.8.6i.

loop playback:
Window playback = 0.8.6i keeps window at used size when looping video, 0.9.4 shrinks down to minimumsize and resizes back to used window size.
Fullscreen playback = 0.8.6i keeps fullscreen during loop, 0.9.4 closes down fullscreen view, shrinks to miniumsize then back at fullscreen when looping.

aspect ratio and crop (possible more video items, not tested):
Window/Fullscreen playback = 0.8.6i reuses aspect ratio and crop set by user, 0.9.4 resets back to defaults.

Does anyone else have same behavours from the new version of VLC, 0.9.4?

Thanks, bye...
Dolsen

skinnerd
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Loop+fullscreen+aspect diff between 0.8.6i and 0.9.4

Postby skinnerd » 20 Dec 2008 10:04

sorry for the super-bump, but i'm having the same issue as stated above in vlc 0.9.8a Grishenko (Windows XP)

to re-create the problem, try playing a short (less than 10 seconds or so) video clip in fullscreen mode,
and have your playlist setting set to "repeat current item"

is this a known bug?

fleshtheworld
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Loop+fullscreen+aspect diff between 0.8.6i and 0.9.4

Postby fleshtheworld » 21 Dec 2008 08:53

Its the new trend guys. People like making things not work good anymore, they probably think your insane to want the good old way back. Iv switched back to 8 and it is far better. Unfortunately 9 has some new cool features (better searching ability, somewhat better interface) but i can live without it. 8 will not give you the problems. Its the only way to fix this issue for now.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”