GUI "funnies"

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.

GUI "funnies"

Postby Guest » 13 Sep 2004 00:45

Hi,
Just updated to 0.7.2 from 0.6.2 to play an old VCD I had hangin around (long story!)

Obvious GUI features of note (in the first five minutes!):

1. Track navigation doesn't work
2. Next/Last titile does (but seems to introduce a high-pitched whine in the audio :?: )
3. Track navigation from the menu bar always flicks the screen size back to some default, selects track 1, and disables the audio
4. Ah, yes - the disabling of the audio; did someone go out of their way to do that one? :shock: A media player that doesn't play media by default?
5. Oh. And, erm, "eject" isn't the same as "open".. just ask a pilot :lol:

On the plus side - don't know if it's me, but the Codec seems to be a lot more stable. Still doesn't understand dual monitors, but, heck, there's still an awful lot of commercial software that's working its way up to Windows 98 :wink:

On the minus side.. I gather that it's a lot more difficult that I thought getting the timebase consistent? If you're feeling down, just play Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush - the soundtrack wobble cracks me up every time..

Gibalou
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Gibalou » 13 Sep 2004 09:14

Some criticism on the lastest test version (0.8.0-test1) would be a lot more useful ;)
(http://www.videolan.org/pub/testing/vlc-0.8.0-test1/)

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”