Why wxwindows with GUI in the middle of screen?

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
sybaselu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Why wxwindows with GUI in the middle of screen?

Postby sybaselu » 07 Sep 2004 15:31

Why wxwindows with GUI local in the middle of the screen when was xinited ?
1: I can't play DVD, VCD with fullscreen when use wxwindows GUI, but work fine with GTK+ GUI, even more, I can't set audio with 6 soundchannel when play DVD with AC-3 or DTS
2: VLC's video output with SDL always come with fatal error, but VLC's video with Xvideo , x11 can work fine. why?
3: the first and foremost , VLC's with wxwindows GUI was always located in the middle of the screen, how can i to do and solved? thank you!
4: when VLC''s video output with SDL , VLC'S GUI with wxwindows play DVD hided the tooltar, so I can't set audio and preference setting!

sybaselu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby sybaselu » 07 Sep 2004 15:40

my english is poor , please forgive me! ,i did't descripted my question with english!

Postby Guest » 08 Sep 2004 08:12

Where is the DJ? Anybody give me suggestion?

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 08 Sep 2004 14:53

i'm right here and i don't know the answer, in which case i usually choose not to answer, so others can try to answer..

SDL is not fully up to date btw. i know that. I guess no one is using it anymore very much.

Xv for video and alsa for audio is the suggested solution for linux.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

Postby Guest » 09 Sep 2004 09:35

By the way, I don't know what is the date btw and what is the short of btw?
Actually, frankly speaking, my question is simple that why VLC with wxwindows GUI disappear over the windows when play DVD , VCD in fullscreen. at result I can not set the preference in the toolbar, have you get it ?

I also know Xv for video and alsa for audio is the suggested solution for linux, but Xv for video did not supported fullscreen, certainly, the problem can be solved through X coordnate and Y coordiante preference setting, but wxwindow GUI diappear over the windows.

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 09 Sep 2004 10:58

I have no idea.

Dictionary:
"up to date" : is your windows up to date? otherwise you risk catching a virus.
"btw": short for By the way. much like P.S.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

sybaselu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby sybaselu » 11 Sep 2004 03:54

I think this is big bug ,do you think so?

1 :
at first of all, GUI with GTK was startuped on the top of the screen under Linux/FC1, but GUI with wxwindow , skins , skin2 on the center of the screen and in particularly can not move wxwindow GUI by mouse.
2:
I have been taking on a project which support s play current main mediaformats , the VLC
play a important role of the whole project , it base on XFree86 and towards embedded system, i have no chioce but to select VLC as my Medaiplayer beause VLC 's function is very excellent and outstanding .
3:
Even thought wxwindows GUI disappear over the screen when play with fullscreen. my end goal is to control the VLC by remote controler. so i chriesh hope that control VLC throug keys not that by mouse , can you tell me how can i fulfil my gola? thank you very much!

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”