VLC don't compile at window 2K OS in VC++

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
xzheng
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VLC don't compile at window 2K OS in VC++

Postby xzheng » 19 Jul 2004 08:01

Hi,
How are you doing! I have some question to call you, thank you in advance. I download the source code of VLC v0.7.2,but I build all and find some error and don't pass at window OS with VC++. When I download the source code of VLS v0.5.6,at the same time,I don't compile at window 2K with VC++. Can you tell me how to do?I want to set up the server of stream at window OS. Can you help me? Thank you very much. I am forward to receiving your reply.

sam
2004/7/19

markfm
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby markfm » 19 Jul 2004 13:35

Not all items in VLC compile well with Visual C, I have heard (maybe wrong).

It does, however, compile fine using the Cygwin envrionment in Windows. The resulting program then works as a normal Windows executable.

See viewtopic.php?t=3573

fkuehne
Developer
Developer
VLC version: 0.4.6 - present
Operating System: Darwin

Re: VLC don't compile at window 2K OS in VC++

Postby fkuehne » 19 Jul 2004 14:27

Why don't you just download the binary version of VLC and VLS for your Windows system? They feature nearly everything available under Win32, so there should be no need for you to compile it yourself.

Btw. For setting up a streaming server, you do not necessarily need to use VLS. VLC can do that too and features a graphical interface, so the configuration should be a lot easier.
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne
Medic. VLC developer for appleOS since before you were born.
Blog: https://www.feepk.net

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”