Agh! Video stretches out of the window

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
DJHongacyde
New Cone
New Cone

Agh! Video stretches out of the window

Postby DJHongacyde » 27 Jun 2004 17:09

I've run a search on this issue, and found a post pertaining to it. However, it was left unresolved, so I hope it's ok to see if someone has found a solution yet.

Every time I play a video file in VLC, it will start playing just fine until I try to resize the viewing window. The video then stretches to fill the entire width of the screen, ignoring the boundaries of the window. I have no idea what could have caused this, since it just happened one day when I tried to view a file. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a solution available? Thanks for your time.

Gibalou
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Gibalou » 29 Jun 2004 08:57

Which version of VLC, which OS ?

jwzrd

Postby jwzrd » 29 Jun 2004 15:37

I have this problem too. The problem is with DirectDraw in DirectX9. If you change the output device to GDI, then the video renders correctly. But then you can't zoom/resize the video renderage. Browsing about this forum hasn't helped me though :(

DJHongacyde
New Cone
New Cone

Postby DJHongacyde » 30 Jun 2004 03:01

Sorry, forgot to mention that I'm using 0.7.2 with Windows XP.

It's strange that it should be a DirectDraw problem though, since I don't remember making any changes regarding video playback. Perhaps someone could help us out?

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”