No Audio in Panther playing a PCM DVD

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
mntbighker
New Cone
New Cone

Postby mntbighker » 22 May 2004 00:18

I am running the 10.3.4 beta with 0.7.2 on a 1Ghz Powerbook. My DiVx stuff plays fine. I have not had the chance to try a newish DVD yet, but my old test DVD with PCM audio gives the following along with a whole lot more...

main debug: looking for audio filter module
main debug: probing 1 candidate
main debug: using audio filter module "ugly_resampler"
main debug: using audio filter module "coreaudio_resampler"
main debug: found a filter for the whole conversion
coreaudio_resampler warning: AudioConverterConvertBuffer failed: [sz[–] (3688:0)
coreaudio_resampler warning: AudioConverterConvertBuffer failed: [sz[–] (3688:0)
coreaudio_resampler warning: AudioConverterConvertBuffer failed: [sz[–] (3696:0)
coreaudio_resampler warning: AudioConverterConvertBuffer failed: [sz[–] (3696:0)
main debug: audio output is starving (192345), playing silence
macosx debug: stream has changed, refreshing interface

animalism2

PCM audio problem

Postby animalism2 » 28 May 2004 19:50

I too have had repeated problems with PCM audio. For me, it's specifically the PCM audio that iDVD encodes, and I haven't tried any other PCM sources. In fact, this problem has been there in every single VLC release since 0.5.4. Although i've reported it, I haven't heard of any progress on it.

Back in the 0.5.2 release (the first one I ever tried) the problem was there. That time however, someone from the VLC team contacted me and I cpmtrobuted a source file that enabled them to fix it in v. 0.5.3. As a result, to my knowledge, version 0.5.3 is the only VLC player that will play PCM audio correct

Postby guest » 28 May 2004 22:56

Actually this bug exists in all OSX versions > 0.6.2. However VLC 0.6.2 works fine even under 10.3.4.
This bug seams to be mac specific. VLC 0.7.1/Redhat has no problem at all.
So, to listen mac authored DVDs (iDVD/DVDStudioPro) you may need to run VLC on a non-mac platform.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

lpat

Re: No Audio in Panther playing a PCM DVD

Postby lpat » 28 Sep 2004 09:21

So, to listen mac authored DVDs (iDVD/DVDStudioPro) you may need to run VLC on a non-mac platform.
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Or use 0.6.2. I prefer this solution :D :D

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”