Brightness

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
splejsi
New Cone
New Cone

Brightness

Postby splejsi » 25 Aug 2006 01:03

Does anyone know if its possible to alter the brightness levels in the VLC player, and if so where?

Thanks

erbsen
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby erbsen » 26 Aug 2006 13:35

Hi splejsi,

The easiest way is to enable the "Extended GUI": Settings - Extended GUI (Ctrl-G).
You have to check the "Enable" Box, than you can adjust Hue, Contrast, Brightness, Saturation and Gamma.

erbsen
Spying? Torture? Illegal airstrikes? Dyncorp, Halliburton - **Stay polite ** Slaves? SHUT UP and hate Bin Laden.

earflea
New Cone
New Cone

Gui advanced settings

Postby earflea » 30 Aug 2006 21:38

Have been having problems with the video on files played from a data DVD+R - can correct these using the Advanced Gui settings as erbsen suggests - but cannot find a way to make these the permanent default settings which change back to the original default settings after each file. Am I missing something?

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 30 Aug 2006 22:30

After getting the setting the way you want them open Preferences and press Save and then close the player.

OR

From you video cards utilities go to the overlay options and set it there while watching a video in any player. VLC uses real filters and will not effect the overlay settings, but it does recognize them.

goldschlager
New Cone
New Cone

Postby goldschlager » 03 Sep 2006 05:01

That we can adjust the brightness level is just yet another reason that VLC freaking ROCKS!!! With Windows Media Player and RealPlayer you have to pay money to get that feature. Can you believe that?

ajrmacle
New Cone
New Cone

Postby ajrmacle » 03 Sep 2006 10:23

Finally!!! I've been trying to figure out the brightness on my own for a bit but I'm a bit of a dud with computers. Thanks a million for the help. '24' just got that much more intense to watch.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”