two way vlc

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.

two way vlc

Postby Guest » 29 Apr 2004 16:34

is it possible to use vlc for a two way video conference?
I had very good results using the mpeg4 video codec at 64Kbps and other audio codec.
I tried using two clients, one for receiving data and another one that send out data... and it worked :-)
but what about controlling everything with one client?
I usually use udpstreams since i'm inside the same network (3 LAN joined via VPN).
Any clues?

Gibalou
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Gibalou » 29 Apr 2004 19:10

This isn't currently possible (well at least easily) mainly because VLC isn't designed for videoconference in mind.
That could be done with a few changes to the code, but VLC introduces too much latency so this wouldn't be really useable as a video-conference application anyway.

kk_ram2001
New Cone
New Cone

Postby kk_ram2001 » 15 May 2004 14:18

hi guest,

can u plz tell me how u manage to stream live video with a VLC-VLC congiguration? im trying out wit a winxp OS. i can see the play back.

im trying it through a wired LAN connection which have WInxp on the two clinets.

plz reply me soon

with regards
ram

lagarazo
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: two way vlc

Postby lagarazo » 23 Oct 2006 16:24

is it possible to use vlc for a two way video conference?
I had very good results using the mpeg4 video codec at 64Kbps and other audio codec.
I tried using two clients, one for receiving data and another one that send out data... and it worked :-)
but what about controlling everything with one client?
I usually use udpstreams since i'm inside the same network (3 LAN joined via VPN).
Any clues?
Did you get an acceptable delay in the streams?

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”