Audio problem with VLC 0.6.2

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
AlanR

Postby AlanR » 06 Dec 2003 02:45

When I try to play a DVD on my laptop PC under Win98SE, the video output is fine, but the audio output has a large amount of background noise behind what sounds like it would be a high quality signal.

(VLC 0.7.0-test1 has the same audio problem, but also won't display the video at all.)

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

mitch

audio problem

Postby mitch » 06 Dec 2003 10:42

i have the same problem under MAC X too, but vcd is fine

Gibalou
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Gibalou » 06 Dec 2003 11:16

For the audio problem I would first make sure my soundcard drivers are up to date.
You could also try to select an alternative audio output plugin in the preferences of VLC (try the waveOut one).

As for the video problem in 0.7.0-test1, I've seen this problem on 1 computer (which I don't have access to right now) but it only happened in non-overlay mode.
Could you check what the title of the video window says ? Is it something like "hardware YUV overlay DirectX output" ?

AlanR

Postby AlanR » 06 Dec 2003 16:41

The sound is fine with the software DVD player that came with my PC, as well as with MaXimus DVD 1.2, so it's unlikely to be a soundcard driver problem. And I tried the alternative audio output plugins, but the sound quality was just as bad.

(And I'm not too concerned about the problems with 0.7.0-test1; I was just curious as to whether the same problem would arise. "hardware YUV overlay ??? output" does look familiar, though.)

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”