Skin stuff

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
dunni

Skin stuff

Postby dunni » 17 Mar 2004 00:47

I'm making a skin for VLC, in fact it's pretty close to being finished but I have a few questions:

1) I have three windows, the main window, a mini version of the main window, and a playlist window. Sometimes, I can have just one of these windows visible but when I stop a file playing (or even when it stops itself because it got to the end) all of the windows become visible. I think it only happens if you have previously opened the windows then closed them again. Is this a known bug or have I done something wrong? I believe that it happens with the Aqua skin that's available on the VLC site too.

2) I've seen some mention of "skins2" in these forums. What is "skins2"? Is it a new skinning method that my skin won't work with? If so, will it be easy enough to convert my skin?

3) Is there somewhere in particular that I should submit my skin so that other people can get hold of it?

Thanks

AsMaX
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby AsMaX » 17 Mar 2004 22:09

Hello,
- 1) is probably a bug, it would not be the first one ;)
- 2) skins2 is a complete rewrite of the skins module, which fixes lots of bugs (cf 1 ;) and brings cool features (resizable windows, anti-aliasing, winamp-style layouts, beginning of scripting features,...) Unfortunately the old skins are not compatible with the new module; a documentation should be written one day or another (soon ?) At the moment you can look at the default skin2 theme to guess the new format.. but the DTD is not completely frozen so expect it to change (it has already quite changed since 0.7.1 release)
- 3) You can post a link to your skin in the mailing-list, a better system will probably be studied when skins2 module is offcialy released.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”