VLC cuurent issue with youtube videos

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
Mirzaki
New Cone
New Cone

VLC cuurent issue with youtube videos

Postby Mirzaki » 12 Aug 2024 06:02

Thanks to the Vlan group and all the associated groups for making an outatanding product, which actually stands a top of the lot. I have used this product for some years and fully enjoyed many of its features with no problems. Its not just a video player, but infact its a bundle of many impresssive countless embedded features and options. in short its a versitle product. The GUI is so simple and easy to use manuevering between menu and options is very easy..... As a whole its all awesome.

I am sure that the support group is aware of the current issue of vlc player unable to fetch Src URLs (MRls), I think this issue started more or less a month and half now. Surely the groups must be working to resolve this situation as earliest possible.

I have attached jpegs of the error file that pops up on top of the main interface when it encounter any issues and as well as the Log File for you refernce.[/img][/img][img].

Thanks a lot
Kind regards,
Mirzaki

Silver Dabbler
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC cuurent issue with youtube videos

Postby Silver Dabbler » 12 Aug 2024 10:01

Apparently nobody is working on this.

See the existing thread with a couple of alternate suggestions.
https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=164866

Mirzaki
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Mirzaki » 12 Aug 2024 17:34

Thanks much Silver for your reply. as you informd currently there is no one working on this issue. Since VLC has been developed to operate on multiple platforms (operating systems), is it happening on other platfrom as well ?

I am not a techy person and as per discussions in the forum and as well on the internet majority of the folks inform about the issue with youtube lua. I would wait for the support group to develope an updated version.

Keep me posted

Kind regards,

Mirzaki

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby Lotesdelere » 13 Aug 2024 10:37

Since VLC has been developed to operate on multiple platforms (operating systems), is it happening on other platfrom as well ?

Yes.

Mirzaki
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Mirzaki » 13 Aug 2024 18:40

Thank you for your reply Lotesdelere, appreciate much.
Is the developement or any assiciated groups loooking in the issue to develope a fix ?

Please let me know

Thanks
Kind regards,

Mirzaki

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby Lotesdelere » 14 Aug 2024 12:37

Is the developement or any assiciated groups loooking in the issue to develope a fix ?

I think everything is explained in this thread:
https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=164866

Long story short: VLC development is made by volunteers who are doing it on their free time. So it's done when it's done. Especially during summertime holidays.

Mirzaki
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Mirzaki » 14 Aug 2024 18:04

Hi Lotesdelere Thanks a lot for your reply and update. I understand the situation fully and highly appreciative of all the volunteers. Please keep me posted accordingly and I'll also check the forum from time to time.

Profound regards,

Mirzaki

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”