VLC 3 & 4 Chromecast disconnects when skipping

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
hjkaye@gmail.com
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VLC 3 & 4 Chromecast disconnects when skipping

Postby hjkaye@gmail.com » 21 May 2023 00:11

This has been a major annoyance for some time. Casting video to an authentic Chromecast stick HD or 4K versions, from VLC for Windows 10&11 3.x, 4.x and VLC Android 3.5.x on Android 12 (plus many prior versions and releases)

When casting, any video source file type I have tried, using any skip function: L/R arrow or tapping on the interface left or right side, VLC disconnects briefly and then reconnects to the chromecast, displays source file name again, pauses briefly and resumes at the skipped location. Skip functions works perfectly, but the disconnect/reconnect is very annoying.

Also, playback speed function is ignored.

Fail to understand why the disconnect is needed? It's most frustrating and jarring during use of the interface.

Has happened with every version I have tried since CC support was introduced. Does not happen with any other app that can cast to chromecast, including Chrome and Edge.

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Re: VLC 3 & 4 Chromecast disconnects when skipping

Postby Lotesdelere » 22 May 2023 10:55

You should create a new report ticket on the VLC issues tracker with your above report and the link to this thread:
https://code.videolan.org/videolan/vlc/-/issues

hjkaye@gmail.com
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby hjkaye@gmail.com » 20 Nov 2023 18:34

You should create a new report ticket on the VLC issues tracker with your above report and the link to this thread:
https://code.videolan.org/videolan/vlc/-/issues
I would, but I can't figure out how to sign-in anymore. It asks for gitlab then github and goes in circles.. I've registered for both, but neither works. I registered for github in 2021. I keep getting this message:
Signing in using your GitLab.com account without a pre-existing GitLab account is not allowed. Create a GitLab account first, and then connect it to your GitLab.com account.

hjkaye@gmail.com
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby hjkaye@gmail.com » 11 Jan 2024 02:31

I still can't get on Gitlab Github .. I give up. This message is circular... Signing in using your GitHub account without a pre-existing GitLab account is not allowed. Create a GitLab account first, and then connect it to your GitHub account. I HAVE a gitlab account and Github...

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”