VLC Update Needs To Be Programed To Show More Metadata And Something Else

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
Aspersimgamer
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VLC Update Needs To Be Programed To Show More Metadata And Something Else

Postby Aspersimgamer » 16 Dec 2022 19:11

Unfortunately all current versions of VLC players when their data is being projected through a broadcast encoder like Rocket Broadcaster Pro the information DOES transfer to the broadcasting server encoder just fine. Even in earlier versions of VLC, But? on the client side, of the meta data

between the ICECAST server and the metadata display, that shows up on all online radio stations that have correctly setup their metadata. correctly aka the name of the song and the artist or band

Problem?

Artists like

Blue Oyster Cult
Queensryche
Motorhead

cannot be displayed at all between the sever and the clinet side of all VLC versions because of what is called the (metal) Y aka, that programming character above Blue Oyster Cult's and Queensryche's "Y" and Motorhead's "O"

It causes the metadata to display the default radio station's name instead of the band. All bands or artists that have a special character in their spelling cannot be displayed with VLC, yes it works fine on the server side both in sending the correct band metadata from VLC or Winamp to the encoder and then to the actual ICECAST server information panel, but?

VLC currently has a slight client side metadata retransfer problem

I am aware that not all the ICECAST online radio stations that broadcast, can be picked up on VLC, that actually display the metadata in the first place. because most broadcasters do not know how to set it up properly, but I do.

and I wanted to report another bug that VLC has on most of it's versions first off it overrides ALL the server commands making it impossible for anyone to kick of ban anyone using VLC from their own studio.

It's WRONG and should be corrected, because some of us broadcasters have limited data plans and we cannot afford a listener, that has the power to control our data by leaving their VLC running for months weeks or days until they decide to close the app on their end

What if some just turns on our broadcast and goes on vacation and leaves their computer on? Then we would lose all our data with NO WAY (I REPEAT) TO KICK THEM OFF OUR FREAKING SERVER

I don't usually kick someone off my radios station, unless they are using a fake IP address/null IP or have been listening for more than 4 hours

I have my server automatically set to boot someone off my server after 4 hours to save both them and me data, if they want to listen for more I let them but them must press play again. With VLC even that won't kick them off VLC remains running on my server

until ONLY THEY are able to disconnect I CANNOT DISCONNECT ANYBODY using the VLC client on my own server even with admin status over the entire server I personally lose all control of my server when people use VLC on it luckily I don't have any trolls that use it but it is possible to be a hassle :-|
MY RADIO STATION: with NO commercials (go to link to download then run with VLC on any device)
http://nap.casthost.net:2199/tunein/justinangelradio-stream.pls

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”