VLC plays one song then when the next song starts it doesn't

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
andaestimated
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: 3.0.12 Vetinari
Operating System: Windows

VLC plays one song then when the next song starts it doesn't

Postby andaestimated » 13 Dec 2022 20:38

VLC plays one song then when the next song starts it doesn't - it just keeps showing me that it's loading but it never actually plays the song. I tried restarting my Windows laptop but it still has the same issue. This started after I was adding files to the VLC playlist. At first, I thought it was because I was out of space but now that I have space it's still doing this. I noticed that it only happens when I use "open file"/"add file" and play files from within VLC instead of windows explorer.

VLC version 3.0.12 Vetinari on Windows 11

I attached a link to the VLC messages text file.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19mxJE8 ... share_link
A Mbambo

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Re: VLC plays one song then when the next song starts it doesn't

Postby Lotesdelere » 14 Dec 2022 10:40

Update to the latest version of VLC, v3.0.18 as of today.

andaestimated
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: 3.0.12 Vetinari
Operating System: Windows

Postby andaestimated » 14 Dec 2022 11:13

It stills has the issue. I even uninstalled and it still has the exact same issue
A Mbambo

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby Lotesdelere » 15 Dec 2022 10:58

I found this in your log:

Code: Select all

main debug: `file:///C:/Users/Anda/Music/_Playlists/Random.xspf' successfully opened main debug: looking for xml reader module matching "any": 1 candidates main debug: using xml reader module "xml" playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element playlist warning: skipping unexpected element main debug: deleting item `Random.xspf' main debug: EOF reached

I'm not sure what it is about so you should create a new report ticket on the VLC Trac with your above report including the link to your messages log file, the link to your playlist file and the link to this thread:
https://code.videolan.org/videolan/vlc/-/issues

Aspersimgamer
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Aspersimgamer » 29 Dec 2022 09:54

download and run the VLC version 3.0.3 setup and when it tells you if you want to downgrade? say yes and let it do it's thing, because I've had a lot of problems once I installed and upgraded to VLC 3.0.18.

First off 3.0.18 has got some major shuffle issues I explained my story about it in this thread :-|
https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=161386
MY RADIO STATION: with NO commercials (go to link to download then run with VLC on any device)
http://nap.casthost.net:2199/tunein/justinangelradio-stream.pls

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”