How can i run remote Linux > Windows

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
LONGANDCOMPLIACTED

How can i run remote Linux > Windows

Postby LONGANDCOMPLIACTED » 04 Dec 2005 23:25

Ok so i have my video/music server set to the tv on my windows box, and now i want to beable to controll my windows instance of VLC on my linux box with out connectiong a keyboard and mouse, and without using like VNC, how can this be done i looked for a topic on it and didnt really find any, I've been trying to get the http thing to work it would be like 192.186.1.101:8080 right? Yea that dosent work for me... can some one please help me a little

zorglub
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby zorglub » 05 Dec 2005 10:31

Hello,

Yes, HTTP is the best method.

How did you enable HTTP on the windows box ? Could you please have a look at the messages window of the VLC that has HTTP enabled, to see if any error appear ?

What do you mean by "it does not work" ?
Zorglub
Clément Stenac

longandcomplicated

Postby longandcomplicated » 09 Dec 2005 19:12

I dont get the webpage interface to pop up even when its enabled.... I've read several topics on it and I am still as confused and lost as ever....

dionoea
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby dionoea » 09 Dec 2005 22:32

do you have a firewall enabled on the computer which might prevent TCP port 8080 from being reachable ?
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea
(Please do not use private messages for support questions)

Postby Guest » 09 Dec 2005 22:35

No i run all my computers behind my own personal hardwarefirewall aka Firewolf the Linux 486 bitch box... and even then i can tell it what to allow and what not to.... is there a command line editor for vlc? or any program for dummies to remote vlc?

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”