HOW to play TWO separate videos synchronized on dual screen fullscreen on repeat w/ DirectX Script

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
GogolBordello
New Cone
New Cone

HOW to play TWO separate videos synchronized on dual screen fullscreen on repeat w/ DirectX Script

Postby GogolBordello » 22 Feb 2016 21:56

I can't find any existing solution. Please help me.

I'm preparing a video installation for my exhibition and encountered a problem.

My setup is a Tower PC
(Desktop A) 1x GPU Merged Desktop via AMD EyeFinity (1680x3150)
(Desktop B) 1x GPU with one Output (1920x1200)

Projectors are connected to both GPUs.

The plan is to play two separate video files (same length) fullscreen. Each one on each Group. (Vid1 Played on A & Vid2 Played on B)

In VLC I’m able to get two videos (instances) playing via „play other media synchronously“
then I manually distribute the videos on each desktop and double-click to make them play full-screen.

That works BUT !

When the video ends (on repeat) .. the second instance (DirectX) leaves the fullscreen mode. I need to have the two play Fullscreen on Repeat forever ! How to do that ?
What is the script for this ? And also i would like to have it all automated :) Is it possible to have VLC open the two VideoFiles and distribute the to the two displays and let them play fullscreen on repeat ?

that would be awesome ! thank you in advance.

sampsa
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: HOW to play TWO separate videos synchronized on dual screen fullscreen on repeat w/ DirectX Script

Postby sampsa » 29 Feb 2016 12:40

I don't have this problem in linux, vlc version 2.2.1 (maybe it's windows specific problem) ?

have you tried ?

--no-qt-video-autoresize

GogolBordello
New Cone
New Cone

Re: HOW to play TWO separate videos synchronized on dual screen fullscreen on repeat w/ DirectX Script

Postby GogolBordello » 07 Mar 2016 01:11

ok the sollution is:

start "first VLC" "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" C:\Users\acer\Desktop\a.mov --input-slave C:\Users\acer\Desktop\b.mov --start-time 0 --input-repeat=-1

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”