Is there anyway to watch videos in the corner of your screen while still working?

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
nowayinhell
New Cone
New Cone

Is there anyway to watch videos in the corner of your screen while still working?

Postby nowayinhell » 18 Sep 2015 15:08

I want a way to watch videos in the corner of my screen while I’m still working.

I want the video to always be on top, also for it to go slightly transparent while I put the cursor over it, so I can click buttons behind it.

Is there way I can do this with VLC?

kodela
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 2.2.4
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Is there anyway to watch videos in the corner of your screen while still working?

Postby kodela » 18 Sep 2015 18:28

Video in separate windows show:
Tools - Preferences Video - deselect Integrate video in interface

Not show interface:
minimize interface

Show video in the upper left corner:
Tools - Preferences - All - Video - Video X coordinate = 1; Video Y coordinate = 1

Video always on top:
Tools - Preferences Video - select Always on top

Transparent Show video:
Not possible

dawnrenee88
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: 2.2.1
Operating System: windows 10

Re: Is there anyway to watch videos in the corner of your screen while still working?

Postby dawnrenee88 » 15 Oct 2015 02:00

I use vlc media player for everything from listening to my mp3 music collection to watching videos. And if I'm watching a video while writing a blog post I use this trick. Windows button plus arrow keys.

If you press win+right at same time while on vlc media player it will go to the right side of the screen but your browser or what ever is open will be on the other side which would be the left side. So if you only have 2 programs open and are using vlc and a browser it will cut your screen in half for both to share.

I do it with my windows 10 I don't know how to do it in windows 8.1 or 8 or 7 or older sorry.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”