Best way to tile video: mosaic or something else?

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
xdenser
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Best way to tile video: mosaic or something else?

Postby xdenser » 06 May 2014 16:23

I need to display video tiled with same picture. I.e. like mosaic but with same video in tiles.
I have some progress with mosaic functionality but there is no sound.
So I wanted to ask is there any alternative or maybe someone can help with audio in mosaic?

Here is my mosaic setup for 3x1 tiles:
mosaic.conf

Code: Select all

new video1 broadcast enabled setup video1 input "C:\Media\Video\48f711cfc611.mp4" setup video1 option input-repeat=-1 setup video1 output #duplicate{dst=mosaic-bridge{id=1,width=384,height=216},select=video,dst=bridge-out{id=1},select=audio,dst=mosaic-bridge{id=2,width=384,height=216},select=video,dst=mosaic-bridge{id=3,width=384,height=216},select=video} new background broadcast enabled setup background input "C:\Media\Images\black1152x216.png" setup background option image-duration=-1 setup background option image-fps="25/1" setup background output #transcode{sfilter=mosaic,vcodec=mp4v,vb=10000,acodec=mp3,ab=64}:bridge-in:display control background play control video1 play
command to run

Code: Select all

vlc -vvv --width=1152 --height=216 --no-video-deco --no-embedded-video --vlm-conf=mosaic.conf --mosaic-width=1152 --mosaic-height=216 --mosaic-rows=1 --mosaic-cols=3 --mosaic-position=1 --mosaic-order="1,2,3" --video-on-top --file-logging
that works as needed, except there is no audio.

I am also limited in use to VLC 2.0.8 (as I need to position video window from command line with dummy interface).

schoocha
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Best way to tile video: mosaic or something else?

Postby schoocha » 29 Sep 2014 11:00

I would love to view multiple instances of VLC in a MOSAIC way just don't know how to. Just asking a question as a newbie. Can I use this code and tell where in vlc would i use it. Thanks in advance

schoocha
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Best way to tile video: mosaic or something else?

Postby schoocha » 01 Oct 2014 03:44

Did you ever get this mosaic to work. If so can you assist and is there a cost to me? Please help. I just dont know anything via CL.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”