Problems with creating a scalable window

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
Mazlum Alptekin

Problems with creating a scalable window

Postby Mazlum Alptekin » 09 Jul 2005 21:51

Hi,
I'm a designer and I am very satisfied with VLC. So some days ago I decided to design a skin for VLC. I have finished but there is one problem. I've created a window for watching videos, but I don't know how to scale the window. I've already read the how to on: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/skins2-create.html
In the topic "Attributes common to all the controls" you can find:

"lefttop
Indicate to which corner of the Layout the top-left-hand corner of this control is attached, in case of resizing. Possible values are 'lefttop', 'leftbottom', 'righttop' and 'rightbottom'.
Default value: lefttop"

But I don't know how to use it for the window. Is there anybody who can help me, somebody who can translate it in German or explain it.
It would be very nice!
Thanks
Mazlum Alptekin

Asim
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby Asim » 19 Jul 2005 15:05

lefttop="lefttop" rightbottom="lefttop" means the item will stay stuck at the left top position

lefttop="lefttop" rightbottom="righttop" means the item will be "resized" from left to right on the top

lefttop="lefttop" rightbottom="leftbottom" means the item will be "resized" from top to the bottom on the left side

lefttop="lefttop" rightbottom="righttop" means the item will be "resized" from left to right on the top

lefttop="lefttop" rightbottom="rightbottom" means the item will be "resized" in both ways

hope that helps.

- Asim

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”