MKV video quits halfway

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
spazzer4501
New Cone
New Cone

MKV video quits halfway

Postby spazzer4501 » 05 Jul 2012 15:12

Hey guys,

I'm running VLC 2.0.2 on OS X 10.7.4. Videos been working great for me until I tried to play a couple of .mkv files. I would be able to watch them to varying points of time, then they would just abruptly stop and close out. No error message, no spinning beach balls, it simply cuts off and returns me to the playlist screen. I've restarted my computer and re-downloaded the files to no avail. I think it's more of an problem with the file rather than the player itself; that said I'm not the most tech savvy person and it would be great if someone could help me identify the issue. Thanks!

edwardw
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.0-git

Re: MKV video quits halfway

Postby edwardw » 05 Jul 2012 21:17

Hey guys,

I'm running VLC 2.0.2 on OS X 10.7.4. Videos been working great for me until I tried to play a couple of .mkv files. I would be able to watch them to varying points of time, then they would just abruptly stop and close out. No error message, no spinning beach balls, it simply cuts off and returns me to the playlist screen. I've restarted my computer and re-downloaded the files to no avail. I think it's more of an problem with the file rather than the player itself; that said I'm not the most tech savvy person and it would be great if someone could help me identify the issue. Thanks!
Can you get logs? (Window→Messages)

TypX
Developer
Developer

Re: MKV video quits halfway

Postby TypX » 06 Jul 2012 11:21

And set verbosity to 2 before you start playback.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”