Change language?

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
Catreyn

Change language?

Postby Catreyn » 10 May 2006 21:29

How do I change the language the menus appear in? Just downloaded VLC, menus all in Turkish, a language of which I know about 5 words, none of them to do with computers!!! :) Can someone tell me the menu I need to get to to change this? I've looked in Preferences, there doesn't seem to be anything for languages :?
Cheers all!

erbsen
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby erbsen » 10 May 2006 22:14

Settings - Preferences - Interface - choose the language from the drop-down-menu on the right hand site.

erbsen
Spying? Torture? Illegal airstrikes? Dyncorp, Halliburton - **Stay polite ** Slaves? SHUT UP and hate Bin Laden.

Catreyn

RE:change language

Postby Catreyn » 10 May 2006 23:24

I'm using a Mac, don't know if that makes a difference to you. :?
I click on Preferences, then the arrow beside Interface. It gives me the options of general, Control Interface or Hotkeys Settings. Unfortunately, after this is where the language changes to turkish! :x :)

erbsen

Postby erbsen » 11 May 2006 09:00

You have to click on "Interface", then you get the options on the right hand side - don't forget to Save and restart.

You could also edit a shortcut to VLC:
C:\VLC\vlc.exe --language en
This way VLC should show up in englisch.

erbsen
Spying? Torture? Illegal airstrikes? Dyncorp, Halliburton - **Stay polite ** Slaves? SHUT UP and hate Bin Laden.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”