VLC media player 0.8.5-test2 beta release

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
sazid

nice

Postby sazid » 18 Apr 2006 16:58

nice player...

Tobey

Lockup of vlc

Postby Tobey » 18 Apr 2006 23:18

Hellow, dunno if anyone posted this allready because I'm short on time (that's why I did not read the entire thread) but I want to let this know.

VLC Locks up @ random on my pc. If I say @ random I don't mean every minute or so, but once or twice in a week, sometimes more... What happens is that vlc suddenly uses a lot of the cpu or so because the mouse begins to move with loads of lag, and the video replay freezes.

Another thing that occures is that audio keeps on replaying when I pause the video playback. It's like a second of the sound that keeps on repeating itself as long as the video is paused. Odd...

My system is a x64 +3000 AMD with 2 gig's of ram running windows X64 professional (all latest updates and stuff [only legal stuff here]).

Cheers!

Tobey

Postby Guest » 19 Apr 2006 12:57

Hi
It is not the Galician language but there was it in the 0.84 :?:

FORCE
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby FORCE » 19 Apr 2006 20:27

shuffle wont work when i try to listen mp3 sometimes, mostly works.
Tox.im - Alternative to Skype finally
ReactOS.org: no more closed Windows, C and C++ developers needed

Postby Guest » 20 Apr 2006 04:40

OS X 10.4.2

In 0.8.4, my preferences were set to automatically fullscreen video on startup to Screen 2 (Video device 2 in Preferences > Interface > Main interfaces > macosx), the TV connected over S-Video through a receiver. This worked as expected; after launching VLC, any movies that started to play did so in full screen on the TV.

In 0.8.5-test2, video will start fullscreen, but on Screen 1, the computer screen. Looking in the Video menu, Screen 2 is checked, but it obviously didn't start there. I have to reselect Screen 2 from the menu and toggle fullscreen on the running movie before it will display on the TV.

To further clarify, it only displays on the wrong video device the first time after launching; as long as VLC stays open after performing the workaround, other movies automatically start playing on the TV.
If you disable "embed video" in the PReferences->Interface->macosx
Does the problem still occur?
Turned off "Embedded video output"; after relaunch, the movie started playing, but didn't display video on either screen. I turned "Fullscreen video output" back on in preferences; after another relaunch, the video still starts up on the laptop screen. In both cases, Screen 2 is selected in the Video > Video Device menu when it incorrectly plays on Screen 1.

usbhell
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby usbhell » 20 Apr 2006 10:56

I just noticed with the Activex plugin that the volume property no longer returns the correct value, something working okay in 8.4a. You can set the value correctly but if you subsequently use the hot keys (Ctrl up/down) the value returned from the volume property doesn't change. Thanks.

ive tried this with

vlc-0.8.5-test2-win32.exe
vlc-0.8.5-test2-20060411-0001-win32.exe
vlc-0.8.5-test2-20060412-1504-win32.exe

Athlon2x
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Athlon2x » 20 Apr 2006 23:19

Hi,

is someone could explain to me, what changes have been done in the "dshow module" between the last official release 0.8.4a and the lastest nightly 0.8.5?

My tv card "Hauppauge Wintv" works well with the 084a release but not with the nightly.

Code:

Code: Select all

dshow debug: found device: Hauppauge Win/TV Video Capture Driver dshow debug: using device: Hauppauge Win/TV Video Capture Driver dshow error: capture device 'Hauppauge Win/TV Video Capture Driver' does not support required parameters ! dshow error: can't open video

Do you have any idea concerning the "required parameters" ?

Thanks a lot ;)

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”