VLC couldnt play well VCDs and Audio CDs

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
ExtincT
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 3.0.18
Operating System: Windows

VLC couldnt play well VCDs and Audio CDs

Postby ExtincT » 08 May 2023 12:04

There is an bug with non-commercial VCD's and audio CDs also, that VLC couldnt play them well. When I try to play an vcd, crashes, so I cant
watch it at all. But when the VLC finally plays it, the timeline is wrong, and displays many hours of video (only 80mins of video can a VCD hold), than the real length of video, that causes me to cant go to the next title (video) of the disk, I stuck only at the first title. With the same VCD on other video players I dont encounter problems. I dont know if that problem happed from an bad-burned disk or because of the buggy nature of disk in general (VCDs was popular about 20 yrs and so ago). Any suggestion ?

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Re: VLC couldnt play well VCDs and Audio CDs

Postby Lotesdelere » 09 May 2023 10:18

Menu Media -> Open Disc
Then make sure to tick the correct disc option in the Disc Selection and the correct drive letter in Disc Device.

ExtincT
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 3.0.18
Operating System: Windows

Postby ExtincT » 09 May 2023 21:50

Menu Media -> Open Disc
Then make sure to tick the correct disc option in the Disc Selection and the correct drive letter in Disc Device.
I've already done that, the problem continues as my first post mentioned. The timeline is always broken and I cant skip the video to next chapter without crashing. Looks like it would never get fully functional the VLC again.

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby Lotesdelere » 10 May 2023 10:36

You should create a new ticket on the VLC issues tracker with your above report and the link to this thread:
https://code.videolan.org/videolan/vlc/-/issues

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”