Is there a shortcut to reload a subtitle file? Can we make one?

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
icouldiwill
New Cone
New Cone

Is there a shortcut to reload a subtitle file? Can we make one?

Postby icouldiwill » 01 Nov 2020 20:13

Hi,

I use VLC for editing subtitles, not creating them but checking them for mistakes. I know I could use a subtitle editor for this but my VLC is nicely customised and integrated with my workspace.

Here is the issue:
Each time I edit a .ssa, a .srt or a .sub file, I save the file with a single click, but to reload that same subtitle file on VLC I need to go to File Explorer and drag-and-drop the file on to VLC. I could also do it through VLC menus but still would need to use mouse. I'd very much like to be able to do this with a key combination, or even a set of key combinations on VLC but as far as I see there is no hotkey for "Add subtitle file" or reload subtitle. Is there a workaround for this?

I'd highly appreciate any help which would save me around 150-200 drag and drops of the same file per film.

icouldiwill
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Is there a shortcut to reload a subtitle file? Can we make one?

Postby icouldiwill » 25 Oct 2021 20:49

I just figured out that stopping and playing the same video will reload the subtitle file. It is not ideal but still is a two click solution to this problem.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”