PVR Interface

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
thehiatus
New Cone
New Cone

PVR Interface

Postby thehiatus » 15 May 2005 22:41

Hello. I am very impressed with VideoLAN's capabilities and am interested in a PVR project based on VideoLAN. Has anyone started anything like this?

I've looked at Freevo and MythTV, but they all seem to bulky and I don't like their interfaces so I started working on a PVR interface of my own -- one I'd actually like to use. I'm making it in Flash becuase I figured it could easily be laid on top of an existing application like VideoLAN. (There are Flash players for most major platforms that utilize the standard Mozilla plug-in API.) Also, Flash is quick to develop, fairly fast and pretty darn functional.

Would anyone have any interest in this sort of thing? It's still in its early stages, but I think VideoLAN and a slick, intuitive TV-based interface could really be amazing. I'm attaching a screenshot of the guide. (The video isn't real, but everything else is functional... more or less.)

-th

snis
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: Latest
Operating System: GNU/Linux

Postby snis » 26 Jan 2006 13:31

*bump*

Have you made any progress?

Currently I'm using Freevo (been using MythTV) however the main thing I feel that Freevo lacks (the combination of mplayer and Xine) is the ability to read all the different types of formats that VLC does.

I have also been looking in to NMM (http://www.networkmultimedia.org/), but I haven't had the time to try it yet.

hondaman
New Cone
New Cone

Postby hondaman » 04 Feb 2006 23:43

Nice. Got my attention! I'd be interested in something like this. Current mythtv user.

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 05 Feb 2006 02:08

Definetly looks nice yeah.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”