Export playlists readable by car in V3 and above ?

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
AntaresTTH
New Cone
New Cone

Export playlists readable by car in V3 and above ?

Postby AntaresTTH » 17 Nov 2019 12:39

Hello;
First please do apologies my English...

Until the release of the v3, I was able to export playlists in M3U format with no ASCII characters, with ()\[]' etc. in clear text.

Since the V3, it is no more the case; I understand that it is for compliance with new rules like RFC and so on (like on https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=144058 ), but I need a solution; it can take a lot of time to retranslate ASCII char. and if I do so, tracks with brackets in the title or path are ignored by VLC on the PC (I'm using the same playlists).

The problem happens on recent european models of Skoda, Volkswagen (I have tested also Opel and BMW once).

I suppose it is not very safe and not viable on a very long term to keep the 2.2.8 version with works perfectly for that purpose...

On a brand new Golf and on a brand new Caddy, with the Discover Media GPS latest version, or a Skoda Octavia with the Amundsen (big screen GPS) :
This is not working :
#EXTINF:313,Ghost - Crucified [Army of Lovers cover]
Albums3/Ghost/If%20You%20Have%20Ghost%20%28EP%29%20%282013%29/03%20-%20Crucified%20%5BArmy%20of%20Lovers%20cover%5D%20-%20Ghost.mp3

This is working, but no more generated by VLC v3 and above :
#EXTINF:313,Ghost - Crucified [Army of Lovers cover]
Albums3\Ghost\If You Have Ghost (EP) (2013)\03 - Crucified [Army of Lovers cover] - Ghost.mp3

and then the track is ignored by VLC on PC.

Thank you

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”