VLC 0.7.1 and Skin2 Interface

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
mimeryme
New Cone
New Cone

VLC 0.7.1 and Skin2 Interface

Postby mimeryme » 04 Mar 2004 03:02

I found this forum just now and had already sent many queries to the mailing list. I hope nobody minds me posting here about them.

most of my e-mail:

I like the resizability of the playlist and the ability to use PNG files which can result in smaller filesizes compared to BMP.

Will Skin2 be the next step for skins in VLC for the Windows platform?

I also noticed that older skins are not directly compatible with the new interface. There are changes in the XML tags used. Why is this so? Is it because the interface is a rewrite or just too fresh?

Three final questions: Are there any documentations on the Skin2 interface? Will alpha transparent PNGs work with Skin2?

AsMaX
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby AsMaX » 05 Mar 2004 09:14

Hello,
skins2 already work on windows, but as on linux it is still in an experimental state, and should replace skins1 in the next vlc release.
As for the XML, it was too difficult to keep a compatibility because the underlying engine is completely different, but for a human the conversion should not be too difficult ;)
At the moment there is no documentation because the API is not completely frozen yet.
I didn't test transparent PNGs but it would be easy to support

mimeryme
New Cone
New Cone

Postby mimeryme » 12 Mar 2004 21:01

Thanks for the informative reply AsMaX. :)

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”