Web Content on VLC?

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
TheFlynn
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Web Content on VLC?

Postby TheFlynn » 08 Dec 2005 03:51

Greetings!
I love VLC! It's been a majotr problem-solver for me. I run a small no-budget community cable channel for Girdwood, Alaska from a 1GHZ PC computer. VLC seems to be the only player out there that will play MOV as well as WMV files, which enables me to accept submissions of material from MAC users as well as PC users... I've recently begun favoring MP4's as well.
My question thought is this:
Is it possible to display web content through the VLC player? I would like to show current weather conditions and whatnot that could easily be programmed into a web page. If I could put this into a playlist and have it shown for a set period, that would be fantastic!
Then there's the question of Flash?
Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me in this area!
~Chris Flynn

TheFlynn
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby TheFlynn » 08 Dec 2005 03:54

I should also mention that I'm set up in such a way that my video card's second monitor S-Video output goes straight into a modulator for the cable channel. I've got it configured so that whatever's playing in the "media player" comes up full screen in the second monitor. Works like a charm... most of the time. But I don't know how to put web content up... Alas...

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”