WINCE cross-compile problems

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
Nik

WINCE cross-compile problems

Postby Nik » 17 May 2005 17:01

I am trying to build WINCE version of VLC using the cross-compiler on a Linux box as suggested in an earlier post.
I have downloaded the latest http://download.videolan.org/pub/testin ... in.tar.bz2 pre-compiled package and the http://www.videolan.org/pub/testing/win ... er.tar.bz2 cross-compiler.

I used

Code: Select all

./bootstrap && PATH=/usr/local/wince/cross-tools/bin:$PATH \ CFLAGS="-D__stdcall= -D_OFF_T_ -I/usr/local/wince/cross-tools/include" \ CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -I/usr/local/wince/contrib-xscale/include" \ LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/wince/cross-tools/lib" \ LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/wince/contrib-xscale/lib" \ CC="arm-wince-pe-gcc -mcpu=xscale" \ ../configure --host=arm-wince-pe --target=arm-wince-pe \ --build=i686-linux --prefix=/usr/local/wince \ --disable-sdl --disable-gtk --disable-dvdnav --disable-dvdread \ --disable-nls --disable-sout --disable-vlm --disable-wxwindows \ --disable-a52 --disable-libmpeg2 --disable-freetype --disable-fribidi \ --disable-mad --disable-plugins \ --with-freetype-config-path=/usr/local/wince-xscale/bin \ --with-fribidi-config-path=/usr/local/wince-xscale/bin \ --enable-tremor --enable-faad
After the execution I got "ffmpeg" errors related to sources and library paths. I started to move the header and lib directories according to the error messages till I managed to build VLC but unfortunately it didn't play correctly. It plays only the audio, or only the video stream at random sometimes reporting "out of memory", cannot delete object", and "failed to create video output" errors. It happened it worked just fine a couple of times. It seems to me the WINCE ffmpeg library posted on videolan is old.

I tried to build ffmpeg myself but there are no WINCE scripts into the source packages.

I hope somebody will update the pre-compiled contribution package and/or provide correct config script(s) for the VLC and all supporting libs for the WINCE platform.

Am I missing something? Please help.

Nik
Toronto, Canada

nikoladsp

hmm...

Postby nikoladsp » 21 Sep 2005 16:17

strange,cause i have not been able to configure it at all with that script.if you take a look-you'll see ../configure in your code (2 dots),i think it should be just one,like ./configure.
unfortunately,i was not able to complete building.configure went fine,but it is not able to link windows lib's from cross-compiler.

cheers

DanBrwn
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby DanBrwn » 05 Oct 2005 23:00

Same here, build was crap. Had to go through all sorts of file movements only to find out the the crap won't play any video. Did it with a bunch of different sources. This is frustrating because obiviously someone has built it since they put an updated binary on the downloads. They obviously don't want anyone else to build it !!!!! I am beginning to wonder how "Open" this source is.

fkuehne
Developer
Developer
VLC version: 0.4.6 - present
Operating System: Darwin

Postby fkuehne » 06 Oct 2005 00:09

Just a quick note: we actually want other people benefit from our source and let them build it the same way as we do. The problem here is that the specific person (usually with the nick "gibalou") is really busy with his real-life job at the moment and therefore cannot hang around on the forums, IRC, mailing-lists much, although he would like to. Previously, he had much more time to work on VLC and therefore it wasn't necessary for us (the rest of the team) to know how to build this (mostly due to the fact that no other person in team got a WinCE device).

I hope that this makes the current situation a bit clearer, although it is still frustrating for you Dan. I can understand you, but I'm unable to help you here.
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne
Medic. VLC developer for appleOS since before you were born.
Blog: https://www.feepk.net

Postby Guest » 06 Oct 2005 13:07

I understand. I appologize for the ranting. :oops: You guys have done a great job on VLC. I have been very frustrated with each build I have attempted. Partly due to the learning curve required for a non Linux, non GNU tool user, but I have been able to get a working product built before so the work was eventually rewarded. Here I just hit a brick wall and have no where to go. If I can get this working, I will be most happy to help out anywhere and everywhere I can. Perhaps, Ill have better luck today. :wink:

DanBrwn
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby DanBrwn » 06 Oct 2005 13:10

Obviously, the above post is from me, DanBrwn. Didn't sign in. Sorry

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”