How to omit DTS and PTS in udp module

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
sharbatgula
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

How to omit DTS and PTS in udp module

Postby sharbatgula » 26 Jan 2014 15:55

Hi,

I'm transcoding a bunch of RTP streams and outputing transport streams with udp module. Then I'm recording chunks of the output to a disc without altering the payload.
Finally, I'm remuxing the chinks to .mp4 with ffmpeg.
ffmpeg complains that the streams have non-monotonous DTS, i.e. "... previous: 43776, current: 42896; changing to 43777. .."
Most of the time the file is remuxed in full length, but sometimes I get shorter remuxed files and when playing those files in Windows media player the audio is out of sync with the video. Playback in VLC is fine, but the "corrupted" files show no timecode.

Is there a way to instruct VLC not to generate DTS and PTS timestamps but only PCR. I hope that this will help me fix the problem with ffmpeg remuxing.

BR,
Sharbat

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Re: How to omit DTS and PTS in udp module

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 26 Jan 2014 18:17

No, I don't think it even would make sense.
Rémi Denis-Courmont
https://www.remlab.net/
Private messages soliciting support will be systematically discarded

sharbatgula
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: How to omit DTS and PTS in udp module

Postby sharbatgula » 28 Jan 2014 08:21

OK, then what could be the problem with the non-monotonous DTS? Too many encodings in parallel? I used to keep the CPU < 80%, Now I'm at 60% and observing.
Could dts-delay=<delay in ms> possibly help me with the out of sync audio when played in WMP?

Thanks

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”